Friday 13 January 2012

Aquarion Love... I mean Evol


Aquarion Evol is a story of 12,000 years of sexual frustration and repression being released- Mecha style.

No seriously: 12,000 years have passed in this world, the story of Apollon and Sylvie have become a children's story called "Skies Of Aquaria". The "Abductors" Invaders from Altea come to Earth with only one purpose, they invade to harvest humans. DAEVA the Aquaria Academy exists to train men and women to use Aquaria, but they cannot ever merge because of Guize stones, these block an "unholy union" between genders. The story follows Amata and Mikono in their enrollment into DAEVA, and fight the Abductors. ~Anime News Network~


Although this a continuation from a previous project Aquarion, this is set 12,000 years later and I don't think its necessary to watch the first one. ~That and I couldn't really find it??~


 The first of Aquarion Evol was an interesting double release and they more or less fill you in with the world and its goings.

All I got from it was that it was a sexual battle in "vector machines". They even called the transformation an "unholy union" which the "chastity stones" Guize should prevent.

It was trying to be cool; the character and area design and art were awesome so I wanted to like it, I really did, but the conversations and explanation were so damn cheesy. ~I was so embarrassed~.

Even the transformation, which I should explain is the vectors fucking, lasted AGES and kept using words a drama queen would when narrating the lose of her virginity. Yes.

"I'm being torn apart"
"Its breaking!"
"We'll be torn apart, and then burst"
"Something in me is going to burst!"
"Aaah, Yes!"  ~Not really~

I glared at the screen through this whole embarrassing ordeal.

Other than that there was love, battle, a rival, an all girl school ~singing~ , an all boy school ~army training~, and a prophecy.

Now having said all that, I WILL be checking out the next episode, in hope for less cheese and sexual descriptions.

xoxo

What did you think? Have you watched the previous Aquarion? 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty impressive article. I just came across your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your opinions. Any way I’ll be coming back and I hope you post again soon. I just ordered these consoles at PIJ! I’m excited! I’m going to have these in week! http://bit.ly/Aquarion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My opinions are very random but I am glad you enjoyed it. Super happy you left a comment. ^^ Come back soon!

      Delete

DROP ME A WORD OR TWO! ^^